Why Join CAA?
A membership with CAA is an investment in your future. The Academy gives audiologists a clear identity and provides a means by which we can deal rapidly and effectively with audiology issues as they arise within the State of California. CAA is dedicated to the advancement of the Profession of Audiology.
The following are just some of the benefits you’ll enjoy as a CAA member:
- A significant reduction in registration fees for your continuing education at CAA’s Annual Convention (a premier educational and networking event).
- “CAAlerts” – Updates on the latest information concerning the Profession of Audiology within the State of California will be provided to you via Email, and Legislative Alerts.
- Professional leadership opportunities on CAA committees and working groups
- Reimbursement updates and information
- Professional recognition
- Discounts on collateral educational materials
- Representation of your ideas about the profession as we meet with insurance companies and legislators to proactively move Audiology to an autonomous profession.
In addition to existing benefits, your CAA membership entitles you to these new opportunities:
- A free listing of your office on the CAA web site (if you are a clinical provider) which is available to consumers.
- Online membership directory and other searches which serves as a very useful resource for referrals and networking.
The Academy has a number of levels of memberships which run from July 1st to June 30th of each calendar year:
- Professional “Fellow” Membership shall be open to all Audiologists who have (at least) a minimum of a Master’s or Au.D. degree in Audiology from an accredited institution, and/or are licensed to practice audiology in the United States. ($175.00 annual dues).
Membership dues for new (first time) members is discounted $100!
- Student Memberships are for students in training in audiology, hearing science, or allied studies may apply for student membership. Candidates for membership as Students must not be eligible for regular membership as Student members are obliged to abide by the Code of Ethics of the American Academy of Audiology (the “Code of Ethics”). Student members shall not, however, have any of the rights or obligations of Members. ($25.00 annual dues). *An individual who holds a state license and is completing his or her AuD or PhD degree on a part-time basis or via continuing or distance education must join CAA as a Professional Member. Student members enjoy all of the privileges of being a Professional Member, except they are not allowed to vote.
- Patron of the Academy is any supporter of CAA who is not an audiologist and is not eligible for any other membership category. Patron members may not vote or hold office, but shall receive all Academy publications and materials and are entitled to all other benefits of membership.($125.00 annual dues).
- Life Members are Fellows who is 65 years old and has been a Fellow in good standing for five (5) consecutive years may apply to become a Life Member by submitting a written request to the Membership Committee. Life Members hold all rights and obligations of regular membership, with a reduction in annual dues. ($75 annual dues).
- International Members are those who possess formal academic training from a non-U.S. post-secondary academic institution and/or has clinical or research experience in the area of audiology, although there is no restriction placed on the type of degree held. International members may not vote or hold office, but shall receive all Academy publications and materials and are entitled to all other benefits of membership. ($125 annual dues)
- An Honorary Fellow is one who is recognized for professional or scientific achievement in the field of Candidates for membership as Honorary Fellows must not be eligible for regular membership as Fellows. Honorary Fellows may apply to or be nominated by the Membership Committee. Honorary Fellow status will be granted by a two-thirds vote of approval of the Board of Directors. An Honorary Fellow holds all rights and obligations of regular membership, including payment of annual dues. ($175 annual dues).